35 Minute Roast Chicken
If your family loves roast chicken, this is the quickest and easiest way to make it FAST in the double sided grill pan in just 35 minutes. Make it over the weekend and share it with your family along with other, simple, homemade side dishes.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Marination: 3 hours (optional if you have the time)
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Calories per serving: 300
1 whole chicken, weight (1.2-1.5 kg)
For the marinade:
Zest of 1 lemon
50g brown sugar
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon dry red chilli flakes
80g soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
- Clean, rinse and pat the chicken dry using some kitchen paper.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Place the chicken and the marinade in a zip lock bag. If you don't have the time to marinade, just massage the chicken well with the marinade mixture.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from its marinade.
- Heat the double grill pan over medium heat. Place the chicken in the pan, breast side up and press it with the palm of your hand to slightly flatten it; close the pan and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Turn the sealed pan carefully and cook for another 12-13 minutes.
- Open up the pan and flip the chicken once and cook for another 8-10 minutes, until you get a nice golden colour and make the outer skin of the chicken crispy (the total cooking time can vary depending on the size of the chicken).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and serve